The Collaborative Instructor Hub is the system used in Active Learning Classrooms to present materials and enable students to display and share content from their tables. The Hub is the latest version of the Digital Classroom Podium, designed to reflect the flexibility, mobility, and collaboration that occurs in active learning classrooms. Instructors who have used Digital Classroom Podiums will find much of the same functionality and ease of use. Hubs enable instructors to display images from a Mac Computer, their own personal devices, and a high definition document camera. Images from these sources can be sent to any in-room display by selecting options on the Hub's touchscreen monitor.
In Active Learning Classrooms, students sit in groups and are able to send images from their laptops, phones, or tablets to a group monitor. The Hub gives the instructor the ability to control these monitors and share images that students are displaying with the rest of the class. The Hub is also equipped with Mersive screen sharing, through which anyone can wirelessly share images from their laptop, phone, or tablet without connecting any wires.
Because Active Learning Classrooms are designed for interaction, Collaborative Instructor Hubs are located in the center of the room. The Hub includes an instructor table that can be electronically raised for those who wish to stand while teaching and lowered for sitting. A moveable touchscreen monitor can be used to control the system and use the computer while a second moveable monitor can be used to preview and view images from other displayed sources. A second table serves as a "student bar" where instructors can interact with students apart from the larger class.
For more information on the Collaborative Instructor Hub, please view the sections below.
- Mac computer, including:
- a dedicated Internet connection
- USB ports
- keyboard and mouse
- Whiteboard-Annotation software
- Additional software (see "Podium Computer Apps" below for full list of software)
- Document camera capable of projecting:
- books, documents, and other objects
- Connections and cables for projecting laptops, phones, or tablets:
- HDMI port and cable
- VGA port and cable
- Solstice wireless display sharing for both instructor and student laptops, phones, and tablets
- Multiple displays, allowing display of one source on multiple screens or different sources on each screen
- Blu-ray/DVD player (not available in RWH 206 & 208)
- Wireless microphone
- Ethernet port and cable, for connecting laptops to the Internet
- Preview monitor, enabling presenters to view projected images on the podium without having to turn around
- Control of images displayed at student tables via VGA or HDMI
- Control of student table microphones
- 35mm slide projector
- Air Mouse
- Blu-ray player capable of playing:
- Blu-ray discs
- audio CDs
- CatchBox throwable microphone
- Hand-held trackball mouse
- USB hub, allowing users to connect more than three USB devices to the podium
- VCR or international VCR
- Wacom Bamboo Pad
- Webcam and tripod
- Wireless pen mouse
- Wireless presenter, used to advance slides or control the mouse
Visit the Equipment Request Page for more information and to reserve this equipment.
Videos, Tutorials, and Instructions
- For hand-on training, consider attending a DCS Technology Training session.
- To learn more about using the hub's Mac computer, look for our Intro to Macs session.
- Images of Rutgers Room Control:
- Apple Adapter Cheat Sheet
The DCP computer is equipped with over forty applications. Apps may be opened by selecting them in the dock or by clicking on the blue applications folder and choosing the app from the list. If the DCP does not have software you would like to use in your class, contact us.
|Adobe Acrobat Pro|
|Adobe Acrobat Reader DC|
|Adobe AIR Application Installer|
|Adobe Bridge CS6|
|Adobe Digital Editions 4.5|
|Adobe Dreamweaver CS6|
|Adobe Extension Manager CS6|
|Adobe Fireworks CS6|
|Adobe Flash CS6|
|Adobe Illustrator CS6|
|Adobe InDesign CS6|
|Adobe Media Encoder CS6|
|Adobe Photoshop CS6|
|Google Earth Pro|