Workshops and Training
Digital Classroom Services holds workshops and training sessions that are open to all members of the Rutgers community. In training sessions, attendees get hands on experience using classroom technology. DCS also offers showcase workshops in which our staff demonstrates emerging pedagogic technologies, giving faculty a chance to learn about the latest trends and experience them first hand. Workshop and training sessions typically last approximately one hour, including time devoted to questions and hands-on assistance. For info on events related to active learning, visit the ALC Events page.
Upcoming DCS Workshops
All workshops our held in Tillett Hall Room 118. Click on an upcoming workshop for more information and to register.
- Creative Media in the Classroom: Friday 3/31, 1-2p
- DCS Technology Training: Friday 5/26, 1-2p
- Intro to Macs: Friday 5/26, 2:30-3:30p
Past DCS Workshops
- Annotation Tools
- All About Web Apps
- All About Web Apps: Collaboration
- All About Apps: Creating Content
- All About Apps: Google Tools
- Beyond PowerPoint
- Capturing Your Class with Kaltura
- Getting Started with Keynote
- Giving Engaging Digital Presentations
- Mobile Technology in the Classroom: Projecting from Your Portable Device
- Perfecting Prezi
- Student Engagement with Poll Everywhere
- Taking the Pulse of Your Class: Clickers
- Taking the Pulse of Your Class: Online Polling
- Video Chat in the Classroom
Would you like to organize a session for your colleagues or students? Contact us and we can discuss arranging a tailor-made workshop.