Between the Digital Classroom Services technology workshops and the regular meetings of the Active Learning Community, there are several opportunities to develop your teaching in the spring. Throughout the semester, DCS is offering workshops on Poll Everywhere, the use of media in classroom presentations, and how-to sessions focusing on DCS classroom systems and using Mac computers. The monthly meetings of the Active Learning Community offer faculty an opportunity to brainstorm ways to enrich the classroom experience through collaboration, engagement, and other activities. This semester's topics focus on preparing students to do group work, using active learning in lectures, and assessing student work. For more information and to sign up, click on a workshop below.
- Student Engagement with Poll Everywhere: Wednesday 2/15, 10-11a in TIL 118
- Preparing Students for Group Work - Wed 2/15, 1-2:30p in AB 4450
- Interactive Lecture Strategies - Tue 3/21, 1:30-3p in TIL 204
- Creative Media in the Classroom: Friday 3/31, 1-2p in TIL 118
- Assessment - Thur, 4/13, 10-11:30a in SEC 204
- DCS Technology Training: Friday 5/26, 1-2p in TIL 118
- Intro to Macs: Friday 5/26, 2:30-3:30p in TIL 118