The Active Learning Community workshop schedule kicks off on September 26th and includes five sessions where you can explore different approaches to active learning led by Rutgers faculty and instructional design teams. At Become the Dean of Fun, a popular session from last year’s Symposium, attendees will learn how to turn learning objectives into custom classroom games. Active Learning Design Sprint is a chance to work through your specific class challenge using the d.School’s framework for design thinking. Our third session will tackle how to grade collaborative work in ways that enhance rather than obstruct your learning goals. Finally, two winter AL 101 sessions provide an introduction to faculty who are developing a new teaching strategy or using Active Learning Spaces for the first time. For more information and to register, click on a session below.
- Become the Dean of Fun - Wednesday 9/26, 1-2:30pm (CCB 1203, Busch)
- Active Learning Design Sprint - Wednesday 10/24, 10-11:30am (AB 4400, College Ave)
- How to Grade Collaborative Work Without Compromising Your Standards or Getting Caught in an Avalanche - Friday 11/30, 2-3:30pm (FOR 138B, Cook/Douglass)
- Active Learning 101 - Thursday 12/13, 11am-3pm (RWH 206, Busch)
- Active Learning 101 - Friday 1/18, 9am-1pm (AB 4400, College Ave)