DCS's latest schedule of workshops is out with six sessions being offered over the summer. Along with old favorites, the summer slate includes a new workshop covering Solstice wireless display sharing. Solstice is a method of sharing images from devices that is available in several DCS classrooms. It can be used by instructors who wish to project materials from anywhere in the classroom, without needing to be connected at the podium. It can be used by students to quickly share images or queue up presentations. Instructors have also used it as a collaboration tool through which the entire class can share out media as part of group work, discussions, or "visual brainstorming."
For more information on each session - which are held in Tillett Hall Room 118 - and to register, click on a workshop below.
- Perfecting Prezi: Thursday 7/13, 2-3p
- Solstice Screen Sharing: Tuesday 8/15, 10-11a
- DCS Technology Training: Wednesday 8/30, 1-2p
- Intro to Macs: Wednesday 8/30, 2:30-3:30p
- DCS Technology Training: Friday 9/8, 9a-10a
- Intro to Macs: Friday 9/8, 10:30-11:30a